During Autumn 2006 the Gatsby machine learning Journal Club (or Reading Group) will meet on alternate Tuesdays 2pm–3ish on the Gatsby 4th floor seminar room.
Our meetings are sometimes about reading new papers, sometimes reviewing more standard material and occasionally hosting guest speakers. Our schedule is flexible. Please look at future topics and add your own to the wiki page. Each week you should try to read at least one of the papers suggested.
Sketch of coming meetings — subject to change
- Ideas for 2007 — tentative
- 12th December 2006 — Cancelled?
- 21st November 2006 — *IC
- 7th November 2006 — Space-partitioning data structures
- 24th October 2006 — Collaborative filtering?
- 22nd May 2006 — Active learning
- 15th May 2006 — Causality (continued)
- 8th May 2006 — Causality
- 20th March 2006 — Cancelled again
- 13th March 2006 — Cancelled, sorry
- 20th February 2006 — Hanna Wallach, LDA
- 13th February 2006 — Information Retrieval (cont)
- 6th February 2006 — Information Retrieval