MaterialsLecture notes and other supplementary materials will be uploaded here after each lecture...
|3 Oct||Sensation, Perception, and Inference.||Maneesh Sahani||
|6 Oct||Point processes||Maneesh Sahani||
|10 Oct||Information||Maneesh Sahani||
|13 Oct||(lecture cancelled)|
|16 Oct||(no lecture scheduled)|
|20 Oct||(lecture cancelled)|
|24 Oct||Olfaction||Troy Margrie||(no slides)|
|Population Coding||Peter Latham||Peter's handwritten notes See also recommended reading below|
|7 Nov||Representation and Computation with Uncertainty||Maneesh Sahani||Handout from last year Slides from last year|
|10 Nov||Audition||Nick Lesica||Audition slides|
|14 Nov||(Overview Lecture) Control Problems||Adam Kampff||No slides|
|28 Nov||Hippocampus||John O'Keefe||Awaiting slides|
|30 Nov||Cortical and Sub-cortical Movement/Posture Control||Andy Murray||Awaiting slides|
|05 Dec||Innate Behaviour and Animal Learning||Yoh Isogai||
|08 Dec||Learning/RL||Peter Latham||Legacy lecture slides from Peter D|
|23 Jan - 02 Feb||Biophysics lectures x4||Peter Latham||
Math you need to know
See also references below
|06 Feb||Recording Electrical Signals in Neurons||Tom Otis||
|09 Feb||Synaptic Transmission||Troy Margrie||
Lecture concepts, keywords
The recommended book "Synapses" by Cowan et al. is in the library
|13 Feb||Synaptic Integration in Single Neurons||Tiago Branco||
The ‘Neuron’ simulation environment
|16 Feb||Genes and Behaviour||Yoh Isogai||Cancer cell commentary|
|20 Feb||Attractor networks||Peter Latham||
Some notes at:
|23 Feb||Recurrent rate networks/feedforward networks||Peter Latham||
See notes at:
Extra resourcesPlease feedback to the TAs which resources you found helpful, so this list can improve over time...
- Implications of Neuronal Diversity on Population Coding
- A computational analysis of the Relationship between Neuronal and Behavioral Responses to Visual Motion
- The Effect of Noise Correlations in Populations of Diversely Tuned Neurons
- Robust information propagation through noisy neural circuits
- Neuronal Tuning: To Sharpen or Broaden?
- Information-limiting correlations
Legacy lecture slides
- Population coding slides (contain some of the derivations Peter went through in lecture)
- Correlations slides (might be useful for Gatsby assignment)
- Jorge's (pretty comprehensive) TN notes
- Kirsty's (less comprehensive, higher level) biophysics notes
- Lecture notes from Mark van Rossum
- Neuronal Dynamics online textbook
- Neuronal Dynamics video lectures
- Also see Extra resources page for legacy notes/slides from Peter L.
Math notes from Peter L(see lecture list above)
- Intrinsic dynamics in neuronal networks. Analyses Wilson-Cowan dynamics in different regimes, including lots of nullclines.
- Foundational Neuroscience questions and answers. These look like well-written answers to systems-ey questions - at least 50% of them seem relevant to our TN course, similar to questions in the systems section of the short-question exam. Let us know if you find them useful.